Saturday, June 21, 2014

Why America is Getting Involved in the Ukraine Makes No Sense

I don’t see what was in it for Europe and the US, other than some kind of geopolitical game that bureaucrats and politicians like to play. I don’t see what the purpose of this was other than some kind of supposed chess game. I don’t see what America expected to get out of it. Ukraine has a lot of agriculture, but other than that… I mean, those agricultural products get sold on to the world market, so I don’t see why America tried to get so involved with Ukraine. It just does not make any sense to me, and as I said earlier, it seems to be hurting America now, rather than helping America, since the consequences have not gone the way they thought they would.

I don’t see that it has hurt Russia. Maybe there’s something I don’t know, but I don’t see that this has hurt Russia in any way at this point.

- Source, Jim Rogers via Russia Today